Friday, September 01, 2006

Surprise!

A couple nights ago I sat in the chair vegging out in front of the TV. I couldn't even say what was on. It had been a long day, I was tired, and now I started having a seizure. It was in my upper left arm. I sat there watching it jerk for awhile. Why I always find seizures so fascinating, I don't know, but I do. They are so varied both in type and intensity, so I tend to watch and to anylize the severity of each one. Anyway, as it drew to a close, I felt my arm, and it was hard!!! I'm talking about my left, weak and flabbly arm!

To my great surprise, nay, utter astonishment, I discovered that I have a [drumroll, please]
muscle! That's right! A real honest to goodness bicept in my left arm! For the first time since the early '70's!

I had noticed of late, that my left arm looks almost 'normal' now. I attribute that to bicycling--just hanging on with my left hand has made a change...but a bicept! Wow!

5 comments:

Lura said...

Yay! Congratulations, Mom!

My word verification seems fitting for all you've been involved in lately. It's yshrk. Ok, well I think it's funny.

Allrie said...

Wait a doggone minute--are you saying I SHIRK??? I know that because of the way Grandpa [hence the whole family] misused the word, you may have it backwards. But to shirk one's duty is to avoid it. The family saying of 'shirk' for yourself really should be 'shift' for yourself or take care of it yourself!

I do NOT shirk! huh!

Lura said...

I wasn't saying you shirk. And yes, I know the real meaning of the word, I'm not stupid. I was saying that given all the stuff you're doing you could say to someone "Why shirk?" as in, why would someone shirk? Geez, never mind.

Anonymous said...

wahoo! muscles - they pop out of the strangest places, I have lately discovered muscles I never knew I had, I suppose pulling hours and hours worth of weeds will do that to a person. :)

Allrie said...

Lura,
I was just a little concerned because of Grandpa's infamous saying, "Let them Shirk for themselves," meaning to shift for themselves. And the fact that in out family, we usually use thethe word Grandpa's way, as in, "Are you cooking a family dinner tonight, Mom, or do we shirk for ourselves." That's all. Forgive me. I definitely do NOT think you are stupid! Sigh.

GoofyJ, Hope your muscles have come as much as a p[leasant side affect as mine! :)