Friday, January 26, 2007

Life's Twists and Turns

When Keith lost his job several months ago, I was unhappy, but not upset. In past times of joblessness, I have been upset, distraught, and furious. This time I was just calm. Oh, I was angry over the situation--he should not have lost his job for what amounts to... he essentially did not chat up the people in the other offices, but stayed in his own office and did his job! Amazing, huh? Anyway, the path we were to take was not real clear at first. I was so immersed in the Nativity project, I just knew that I would be here.

When releases came, two of the main peo0ple were released. Two of us were not. Interestingly the same two of us had been called for an indefinite amount of time. So I still believe we are not going anywhere.

For some time, we had wanted to have our own business. As we are both bibliophiles, we thought a bookstore was the answer. We looked into it, we studied it, we had it all planned out. We found more than one store to purchase. Nothing felt quite right.

Previously, Keith had a weather forcasting company, but his last employer felt that it was a conflict of interests. To watch the weather and report it vs forecasting??? Really! In any case, we decided to get Allied Weather back on track. Keith used to forecast for companies like MGM, Warner, Disney, etc. for movie and TV shoots as well as agricultural forecasting (several in Mexico) and also Special Events like weddings and Garden Parties. So we're back up and doing business as Allied Weather Consultants again.

Oh, and forensic weather--that is, researching the weather conditions from when a crime was committed or an accident happenedd, and testifying in court. You know...one of those expert witnesses you see on the TV shows.

I figure we've got 'til the end of March to build up to the point where the unemployment amount is equaled, and that is far lower that what Keith used to make just doing Allied part time. I would never in a million gazillion years have thought about the weather as a business in which I would be involved, but, surprise!

Life does take amazing twists and turns does it not?

1 comment:

Lura said...

I'm glad you guys have started up the weather company again. I think it's great, and it can keep you where you are like I know you want to do!

By the way,I finally posted again.