Saturday, January 13, 2007

Normalcy

I'm not quite sure what "normalcy" is. I suspect it is different for each and everyone. But I am quite sure that normalcy means some semblence of a routine.

We haven't had that for quite awhile in our house--unless you count Mom going to churvch at early morning Seminary time [6:30] and from that point on working on the Nativity until around 10:pm day after day after grueling day. It was worth it--we had a great success, and it is over.

Usually once a show has gone through strike [tearing down the set etc. and putting away everything] it is over for me, and out of mind--like a toddler whose toy "disappears from sight" it is gone. Not this time. It is rather thre gorilla in the room no one[ OK, few] talk about. I can't quite purge it from my mind.

Maybe filling the time with routine life will help. I'm begining to get back somewhat of an exercise regime, of course, now it is raining, which cramps my bicycling style, but I'm walking or riding in the neighborhood at least between showers. This alone is making me feel more human. Getting the Christmas tree down helped as well--now for the outside lights! [see rain above!] Getting back on schedule for my every other weekly stint in the FHC [Family History Center] helps, and this week I'll be getting back to my Thurs am scripture class. Richard has been back in school for a week, and Erica [and her friend, Jenia, who was a delightful houseguest--she brought me chocolate!!]left this morning as well.

We're getting the forecasting business back up and running. [commercial--if you need a weather forecast for a special event--wedding, party etc.--call 1-877-4U4-CAST] the office is getting set up, flyers are being mailed [Lura, you remember that rolodex!] and I am learning to use my new cell phone that will be on my person at all times so that I can answer no matter where or when.

Just doing laundry and vacuuming is remarkably soothing. Scripture reading, journaling, scrapbooking, genealogy, and of course blogging is helping as well. I am so ready for this new routine with the feeling of returning to normalcy--even though there is a lot of new mixed in!

4 comments:

terrierchica said...

you never made the fafalete doche or however you spell that for epiphany. I know that has nothing to do with your post, but I just remembered. aww, sad.

Allrie said...

Yeah, well...those "angel wings" we got were very similar, but then you wouldn't know as you didn't eat most of your junk like I did--no, you let me eat youras too! Thanks [I think :) ]

Farfallette Dolci [sweet bowknots]
I forgot too...I also have a bridge in Brooklyn in which you may be interested. Actually, I only remembered at wrong times--like 4:00am! My word is "ateaex" well, I ate everything else!

Sariah said...

When did 4 am stop you from making farfallete dolci? I remember you being angry for many years in a row because it was stinkin' late at night and you were up making the stuff so we could take it to school and tell all about Epiphany.

Oh, and normalacy to me definitely has something to do with a routine. But everytime I get a routine, something (or someone) has to go and change it!!

Allrie said...

That's why I said 4 am not 2 am 'cause that was a very common time to be doing it!

I agree with you about routine. Do you remember back in El Dorado when you'd get home from school, hit the books 'til dinner, which was at 5:00 everyday? I sure loved that...OK, so maybe you didn't really hit the boks, and dinner often ran late, but it was darn close to 5:00 for three years!