Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wednesday and Thankfulness

1] I've been really sick all week. A lousy way for my daughter and grandsons' visit to begin. But, it could have been so much worse! Lura brought a light case of IT with her. The boys went throught IT quickly. Richard hasn't caught IT, nor has Grandpa. I'm beginning to get over IT. And I am so very very thankful!

2] I love my new chiropracter. His goal is not the normal, "Let's get you off the cane." But rather: "Use the cane, fall over less." Unfortunately, I was not using my cane when I went out to push a solar lamp down into the flower bed. No, I fell--on my lovely [well at least they were]
flowers. But my neighbor heard my cry for help, and came over and helped me up. My back hurts, but it could be from sleeping sitting up just as much as from falling down! But at least I was taken care of!

3] Good friends who share their joys [Sarah had her baby! I just finished talking to her...] and sorrows [The good news is that it probably wasn't a heart attack, but...] and share in mine [my daughter this, my son that, my grandchild this and that!!!]

All in all, life is pretty good where I'm sitting right now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better - Yay for neighbors and friends, and for being able to be there in joy or sorrow. Great thankful post. :)

Allrie said...

Thanks, Julia, You help me keep life in perspective--something weall need at times!