Monday, October 29, 2007

P is for...Paper!

I'm drowning in it! If it isn't junk mail, then it is mail I must attend to. Where oh where are the cute Halloween cards bought to mail to grandchildren? Purchased ahead of time, and oh so thoughtfully, yet they carelessly ended up with the paper! I have computer paper--blank and used on one side, now "scratch" paper. I have paper of different weights and colors for publicity. I have more paper of more colors and more weights for scrapbooking. Then there are the pictures and the stickers and... and... and... when it comes to scrapbooking paper! Then there are scripts. "sides" [partial scripts for those who are in only one or two scenes] costume charts and pattern papers.

Papers which come home from school occasionally find me.

Then there are magazines [made of--you guessed it Paper! Oh, and books! ]

A number of years ago in our school district in VA it was claimed that we were to become a paperless society. If that is so, why do I need the printer so very much?

Some days I would really like P to be for entirely something else...Pageant [produces copious amounts of paper] Plants [recipes for green tomatoes after the freeze were printed out on --Paper!] planes [one of our family traditions on Thanksgiving was the making of Paper airplanes...] Popsicles [they come in Paper--very sticky...] Pumpkins...had to dig out the James Whitcomb Riley poem: "The frost is on the punkin..."but the poem was on Paper! It is everywhere!

Help! In this brave new world of a paperless society, I'm drowning in... Paper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee - this made me chuckle. I can totally relate, especially with the copious ammounts of paper that my children bring home and flood my house. :)