Wednesday, December 05, 2007

S is for Snow

S has to be for Snow. It is 5 Dec and we are getting our first snow of the year. It started during the night, so we awoke to a lovely scene. It is continuing, though expected to stop this afternoon. Because it is the first of the year...it came with accidents, school delays and school cancellations. We have planned to put up our Christmas lights this afternoon, but we may not get it all done in one day--I don't know because part of the drill entails walking out on the roof, and I'm not so sure that I want Richard out there in the snow. We'll see. With the Snow, I feel like Christmas really is coming! Just last night I was putting up jars of tomatoes from our garden--the last ones, picked green, but turned red finally. I still have six or seven pumpkins to put up, so I'll be canning yet awhile. Still Snow makes me feel Christmas-y. OK, I know the Saviour was born in the Spring [hence lambs...] but it certainly puts me into the mood! Now I'm ready to write my Christmas letter, finish my Christmas cards, start baking, decorate the house...of course I have to clean it first after the months of neglect! Keep Snowing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for snow! (but not yay for accidents). We had snow recently too - which is VERY unusual. It's been just a little bit, but enjoyable and fun just the same.

Paul was just in Ohio last week - Wed - Sat for a business conference. You guys have been hit pretty hard by that ice storm haven't you? Hope all is well. Paul mentioned that he just barely missed it, having come home Sat.

Allrie said...

We didn't have any real ice trouble--just enough to be pretty. Others areas fared worse, however. If Paul was in Columbus area--I'l scream!!! He is more than welcome to visit--to stay [we've lot's of room! Open house to family and friends who are like family!

We're expecting quite a bit of snow this coming weekend...we'll see.