Sunday, December 02, 2007

R is for Rest, Reading and Relaxation.

Yep, R is for Rest, Reading and Relaxation. Post-Pageant I'm due a little R & R & R, I think. My feet hurt so much that I wore slippers to choir practice Sun afternoon. [I couldn't figure out which shoes would hurt the least--and it was time to go!] I don't plan to get out of bed on Mon 'til at least 2:00. If then. With the laundry all caught up by my thoughtful husband, and dinner being provided by a close friend, I am milking Mon for all it is worth!

Then...back to the Nativity--although we had a 3 hr "Strike" to change our building back into a church for Sunday, the coat closet is jammed with over 200 costumes needing sorting, laundering and storing for the year. It will be parceled out to many women at church, we just have to keep track of the costumes. I am currently devising a master index. I will also have a picture in each file showing the complete costume. Other files will be sets, and what materials were used and where those materials are stored. A shot of each "booth" in the marketplace will aid in set-up next year, as well as arranging for replacement of some of the rickety thrown together shelves from last year. A publicity file will show what all was done this year... and we carefully stored the missionary display which was made for this as well. Finally, I will update the cast files.

Then back to R & R & R. I am looking forward to getting our Christmas lights up--we're running late this year--not just my fault, Richard was working when we usually do it anyway...now for some good weather to do it in! It will be fun. [Relaxation] I will get busy on other Christmas activities [Relaxation] but I will be able to stay home mostly, and not have to be on my dead feet so much [Rest]. I will even be able to sleep in, and/or take naps as desired [more Rest!]. Once I am rested enough, I will even be able to read something longer than a post on a blog site--ooh, maybe a book! Wow! We haven't even had Book Club since Oct [and that was a sharing of old favorites] because most of us were too drained to read anything more than a couple pages long!

So, now you all know my priorities...burn myself out, then Relax, Rest and Read. Whoever it is in the family who has us for Christmas [don't be upset, Sariah, I know who we have...] Books...I'd like some new LDS fiction and even nonfiction. Books I'll never probably buy myself, but would enjoy very much. LDS because other stuff I can easily get from the library. My new Year's resolution will be to do more R & R & R. I need some right now!

2 comments:

Sariah said...

I swear, I'm gonna have to make a chart for the family for this Christmas gift rotation thing. People only know what's going on because I tell them! About a thousand times in the last two months before Christmas!!

Anyway... congrats on making it through the pagent. I was going to call and wish you a broken leg, but I didn't want to call in the middle of a rehearsal or something. ;)

Allrie said...

Thanks. For the "broken leg" wish...Opening night, it confused more than a few people when, at the end of prayer meeting, I said, "Break A Leg!"

As I said...I know who I am giving to, so I am just fine. Ha! Does it really matter if I know who is giving to me each year? Actually, a chart is a good idea. You can make pocket charts, laminate them, and give everyone one for Christmas! :D