Thursday, October 19, 2006

Rhe Word SEW Is Not In My Vocabulary

It's not! It's not! The word "sew" is not in my vocabulary! Ask my kids--I've always told them that. Ask my sister. Where was I when she was doing costumes? Not sewing! Ask my costuming teachers. How did I make it through costuming rquirements? By running and fetching, By cutting or pinning. By acting as a dressmaker's dummy. But NOT by sewing!

I have a mending tip for all you young Moms. It really works, too. Ask my kids! The garment needing mending is put into the mening basket. Procrastinate a few months--and voila! The child has outgrown the garment. Therefore you never have to--sew!

So why does all my time seem to be taken of late with costuming? I'm still not sewing! We need more people who will run & fetch, pin & cut iron & sort. Even be a dressmaker's dummy.

Maybe I'm just a dummy? Albeit one with waaay too much costuming knowledge.

1 comment:

terrierchica said...

awww, mom, I was totally hoping for you to mend a pair of pants and some socks over thanksgiving. is this a no, then?

oh, and you totally sewed a blanket for me. ha. you do sew.