Friday, October 13, 2006

A Rough Syllogism-- A Harddrive : Car Engine :: Software : Bodywork

When a car crashes, there are loads of things that must be fixed. So, too, with a computer. I proudly have gotten back a few of my "favorites" [except the yucky format Keith put on here just says 'bookmarks' and I don't like it nearly so well.] I even went to the LDS website and downloaded the PAF all by myself. But then I had to have Keith get the info off the jump drive and onto the hard drive. I found blogger dashboard with ease! but I haven't yet started putting back the shortcuts to the blogs I'm reading. Essentially it is about everyone on Sariah's list, so I am asking here for a blanket permission once I figure it out [or call Lura for help again] . So if you do NOT want to be on my list let me know: thespian52@yahoo.com if you want to be private :) Oh, and I don't know how to make that a link, so you actually have to e-mail. Sorry.

So, while the engine is now in good repair, the body work goes slowly.

5 comments:

fourth_fret said...

this doesn't fit with your post at all, but just wanted to say it was nice talking to you even though you have an accent. hehe

glad you made it home safely. ;)

Allrie said...

I have an accent!? Read my next post!

terrierchica said...

Mom, you disabled comments for your accent post, so I'll comment here.

As defined in linguistics class, I sound like a New Englander, using words like "wicked" all the time, along with other regionalisms like "jimmies" (for the long kind of sprinkles, not the round ones) and "frappes" for milkshakes (in Boston, a frappe is what the rest of the country calls milkshakes, and a milkshake is flavoured milk, like chocolate milk. It makes sense when you think about it.) Considering if I'm eating out I like to go to local places, I'm gonna use the terms that they want and expect.
Also, since I'm playing hockey with a bunch of Bostonians and Mainers this semester and hanging out with them in general, my "r" has gotten on the weaker side and words like "coach" and "about" are pronounced nearly Canadian. Though I've been saying coach like that for years. Don't know where I picked that up, except I think it's pretty common in hockey in general.

So is it weird to you that your kids have different regional accents?

fourth_fret said...

well that was just tricky the way you mocked my hokie okie accent and didn't even give me a chance to jaw you up one side of the pole, and down the other.

heh.

Allrie said...

SORRY--I fixed it!

Yes, it is a little weird that my kids all have different accents. But then again, it's weird that they all give different answers to the question, "Where are you from?"

FF--Now go ahead and comment all you like. Remember I said that I LIKE regional accents:)

Apologies, I realized after I had gone to bed that I hadn't made it so that comments could be made. I was just too tire to fix it, and didn't have another chance 'til now.