Saturday, March 10, 2007

Computer Generation

I'm not part of it even tho friends my age think it is wonderful what I can do on the computer [boy, have I got them fooled!] In the past month I've

1. had to get rid of my Flickr acct [and have yet to resign up] because it was unsavable. So said their support person.

2. had my PAF freeze in such a tangled mess that even with the support guys working on it by remote access, it took two weeks to fix.

3. had both printers decide everything should be printed like an envelope unless specifically fixed each and every time we print--actually, we think my husband did that one--I hope I've gotten that corrected now, but who knows? I'm afraid to test it!

4. the top CD drive on our computer doesn't like me anymore. It won't accept my CD. I finally [after a week or so] figured out to put my CD in the second one down. It works! Whew!

5. My print Shop unloaded itself somehow??? I reloaded it all by myself :)

6. Then it started having occasional problems, and it is becoming more frequent. I'm ready to take it off and start over [except I don't know how]

7. I can not get print shop to give me a short cut icon on the desk top. Keith tried, and failed, too. And he can always do that!

There were a couple more, but I forget. I know--whine, whine, whine.

At least I'm making a list so I can begin to sort thru it all...

And I will be with Lura soon, and she is patient and will help me with Flickr etc. anything that can be done from her house.

And Vinnie will be out here this summer after all, and he will help me with what's left after Erica, home on spring break helps me out. [fixes me up]

I may not be so great with computers, but my children, bless everyone of them, are.

[Sariah don't feel left out--you did all you could for me last time with Flickr--and I just drove you crazy! And Richard--you'll be around awhile, so you get to do mop up :)

7 comments:

Sariah said...

WHAT???? We totally fixed the Flickr issue. what did you do that made it unsavable after I helped you out for like 2 hours on the phone???

Next time I am with you I am going to sit you down and give you some computer lessons. At least for the stuff that I know because you drive me insane. At least I love you! :)

Allrie said...

Actually, it wasn't totally fixed, which is why I e-mailed support. I actually had to go through their "abuse" reporting to get to a human being! I told them that Flicr was abusing me! My respondant seemed to find that mildly amusing, but not her dept so she passed me on to another human being. I should call you later today [it's only 8:30 your time] and have you walk me though the sign up so I do it correctly this time! And while Erica is here, she is going to teach nme how to use the camera aspects of my phone past the actual picture taking, so I will post pics as well! At leaet this is my hope.

April_Mommy said...

at least you can type... my mom calls me just to ask how I get the "blinky thing" down a few lines.

um...

hit enter.

Gotta love parents!

Allrie said...

Thank you, April! I needed the laugh--and the moral booster!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some of the computer sagas we have around here from time to time, but I've got Paul to figure things out and fix them when I can't figure it out myself. :) He worked computer support when we were first married and one time he got a call from a lady saying that her coffee holder attachment on the computer was broken. It took him a while to figure out she was talking about the CD rom - we still chuckle about that one.

Allrie said...

I'm just shaking my head--I'm not even that bad!

But Vinnie will be in Indianapolis for the summer--just 3 hrs away, so I have hope!

Zen Mama said...

My MIL is having a really hard time with flickr right now, too. So far they haven't told her that her account was unsaveable, and as she is in Detroit I have no idea what she actually did, but according to her she followed the links to convert her account to a yahoo! account and once she created her yahoo! account it didn't merge with flickr and she still couldn't access the pictures. That's what she says, I have no idea what's going on. I think there are special wormholes that eat the information of any grandparent trying to see pictures of their long-distance grandchildren.