Monday, June 18, 2007

My Grandma Day

OK, Yesterday was technically Father's Day, but for me, it was a really good "Grandma Day." My husband, when asked what he wanted for Father's Day, answered [quite plaintively], "Just to see my kids." He saw the boys--Vin & family came for the afternoon, but not the girls. Not even Erica--she left for work while we were at church, and came home after he'd gone to bed. Sad... I know.

But, my day was pretty good. In Sacrament Meeting, I got to hold Adam Carman while his Mom struggled to settle the older three kids [they arrived a little late and breathless...we all know how that goes] Adam, one, was born with a mass of dark, curly hair--like my babies! [of course it's ony a memory now:( ] He played Baby Jesus in the Temple scene in the Nativity Pageant last year--and tho he was "blessed" again and again for a week, he never cried. None of his family was even in that scene, but all busy elsewhere--he was amazing!

So I got to hold and snuggle with him, then later Lizzie, the oldest at 5 moved over next to me to quietly play with her magnetic dolls [like paper dolls] and show them to me. She was very good.

At the beginning of Relief Society, I had to run to the water fountain to down my morning pills at the right time. In the hallway near by stood a couple women, who stopped me--each for a different reason, and co-incidently one was holding Adam. I then took Adam with me back to RS. He soon snuggled against me and went to sleep.

The Vin, & family came over for the afternoon. My granddaughter now knows that this is her Grandma's house and that she belongs here. She knows where her toys are, what she can get into in Uncle Richard's room, and how to pet the cat.

I especially enjoyed taking a walk around the block--just the two of us. She was interested in everything! I loved it! We smelled all the flowers, talked to all the ceramic creatures in yards--including a bear her size! [She really liked that one.] We discovered some moss, but no geese, ducks, or fish at the "lake", still the fountain in the middle made up for the others' lack. And she especially enjoyed all the chirruping birds, just like Grandma.

Yep, yesterday was a very good "Grandma Day."

3 comments:

Lura said...

Sounds like a great day for you! I actually still need to call and wish Dad a Happy Father's Day. I did call yesterday, but he was unavailable and by the time my boys settled down again it was too late to be calling you guys. In fact, the only dad I talked to yesterday was Jesse. I'm such a slacker this year.

Anonymous said...

That reaaly does sound like a wonderful day. :)

Allrie said...

Thanks, Julia, it was.
Lura--you aren't the only slacker--I don't thijk he heard from Sariah either--tho I mmay be wrong. And he never saw Erica all that day, due to her work schedule, as I explained.