Thursday, June 21, 2007

Worthy of the Time

I've been on a big kick lately of trying not to waste time [that means no Snood...] and really making an effort to fill my time with worthwhile pusuits. It's pretty easy, 'cause there are so very many worthwhile things to do. I am NOT going to list examples, because it would only depress me with how much I don't do. So I'm going to accentuate the positive. It is all Sariah's fault--she started the Wed 3 things that you're happy about or whatever. Well, Wed passed, and she didn't post, so...

1] I'm really happy to live in a town and Ward where I have so many friends--not just aquaintances! I can pick up my phone at any time and have someone to talk to--or go to lunch with--or set up to do something else with. It has been so many years since that was the case, I missed it, but now that I have it again, I realize how much I missed it!

2]I'm really happy about my callings. Not only am I not "put out to pasture" here, but I LOVE teaching the 12/13 yr old Sunday School class. Good thing--'cause I've had this calling many times: in Newburg 31 yrs ago, in Bangor 16 yrs ago, in Deming 10 yrs ago. and now for the past year and a half in CW. I also love doing the Nativity Enactment. Yes, it was really tough and lots of work last year. Yes, it took me about 6 months to recover--if it can be said with full assurance that I did! The work has begun on Pageant 2007--and it is so much easier already--just getting a cast together!

3] I love the closeness with my family--even if some of that closeness is over the phone. I'm grateful that we can use the phone as much as we want--I wish I could have talked as much with my Mom as I now can with my kids--it would have made the distance so much easier to bear. I love seeing my grandkids grow and develop, again, even tho often it is over the phone or through pictures.

I could go on and on [I know, I have...] but life is pretty good and I have so many things for which to be thankful, it is hard to keep the list down to 3 .

3 comments:

terrierchica said...

aww what a sweet and positive post...

Lura said...

who says you need it to be kept to three? it's your blog, so talk all you want! :)

I really agree with number 3.

Allrie said...

Thanks, girls.

The reason to keeping to 3 is so as not to ramble on, I think, and also to encourage us to think of different things as the days/weeks go by.

I've probably listed each of those 3 before...but that is what was on my mind.