Sunday, June 10, 2007

Richard Addendum

Actually, he is far from dumb! Announcing Richard's first ever semester with the coveted and worked for GOLD SEAL on his report card denoting a 4.0 GPA!!! I am so proud of him, it was touch and go there at the end with his English grade, despite earning a 99% on his research paper. But he set the goal, and he did it!

Unfortunately, here in OH, it is the custom not to be invited to join the National Honors society, but to apply. Because of having the opposite experience elsewhere with older siblings, he didn't realize in time to apply for this year, so he has to wait until next year.

Oh, and he is also playing on a new inline summer hockey league and learning to play baseball, which if he can get good enough [helps to have a retired pro as his teacher...] he's thinking about possibly going out for the HS baseball tweam, having discovered that it is lots more fun to be involved in stuff at school than not!

2 comments:

Lura said...

Congratulations, Richard, on such a great report card! I think it's good for him to apply for NHS. Even though I never really did anything with it at school, it looks good to have it for college applications.

I'm glad he'll be involved at school. I loved doing stuff at school, I think that's why I enjoyed high school so much. I've had a lot of roommates who never really did anything but go to classes, and they said the whole time they were in high school they only wanted to graduate and leave.

Zen Mama said...

What an accomplishment!