Tuesday, February 13, 2007

HELP!!

No, I'm not referring to the ongoing family feud. Nor am I talking about our messy, messy weather. I need help. [Hush my daughters--no wise-cracks, I'm being quite serious here.] I have been asked to help with a program and my part is to work with a group of teens performing "She'll Be Comin' Around the Mountain" with class. I know, we're in big trouble here.

Anyway, I remember learning [I think from my mother] that "she" referred to the train. I found info on that in Wikipedia, but conflicting info elsewhere. So, Music People, can you help me out here? I want to find the origins and meaning of this American Folksong. My research isn't getting me very far. Of course I am limited to the computer and our old Funk and Wagnalls Encyclopedia as we are snowed and iced in just now.

Of course there is no rush [the program is for Memorial Day] but I'd like to pin down what we are doing long before any execution.

2 comments:

Lura said...

Sorry. I can't really help with this one. At least you have a little time!

Allrie said...

Yes...now where are all those MUSIC PEOPLE?[hint hint to Sariah & friends.]