Saturday, June 10, 2006

Partners in Crime

Today R and I saw his two "partners in crime." J received NO punishment [I think she was toobusy with s son graduating and youngest bro leaving on Mission and tons of family around] and RD received a curfew. He also came over and apologized to me for getting R into trouble. He is very upset. He also has to call home every three hours from now on when he is out. Until further notice. My R still thinks I am the meanest Mom of all. So does Sariah apparantly. :)

Hey. S do you remember the nigt of the dance I let you spend the night elsewhere so you could stay out the full time...and go to the after dance party. Your curtailed curfew would not have allowed for that, but I felt that in that one case you deserved leniency. :) I can still do it--take things case by case!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is sweet to see sisters stick up for brothers :) It is also great to see a mom stick to her guns though, especially when she feels something is right (and I know it must be hard for you too). Kudos to you, what a great example you are setting for the rest of us younger moms. Thanks. :)

Sariah said...

Mom, you guys always let my curfew go a little extra for a dance (except the one time I was grounded and had to come home one hour after the dance started). In this case, though, I spent the night at a friends, yes, but it was NOT for a party after the dance. There were just the three of us couples, we went to Sarah's house, watched a movie, and the guys went home. Then you got me at like 5 in the morning because we drove to Dallas to pick up some friends. Yeah, that's nice Mom. Real lenient. Your memory faults you once again.

And let me state once again... I don't think you're the meanest mom ever. I think this punishment was TOO HARSH and completely NOT in line with punishments in the past. THAT'S IT. Wish you would actually LISTEN to what I'm trying to say!!

FeatherSky said...

This would be easier if y'all just bought some boxing gloves ;)

I've still got a good 13 years (hopefully) before Jaedin starts getting into that kind of trouble. He disappears for 10 minutes and I'm beside myself with worry. I can't imagine what I'd do if he disappeared until 11:30pm. That grounding is a fair punishment. He could have picked up a phone and called at ANY time during the day but chose to make mom worry instead. He'll think twice before he does that again!

(Think of it as an honor to be the meanest mom! He'll love you for it when he gets back from his mission!) :)

Allrie said...

Thanks for the support, girls. And Sariah, I do remember the couple apect, as well as picking you up at 5:00am. You slept all the way to Dallas in the back of the van. My point was simply that I am listening to you, and I am carefully picking the times to be lenient.

and there are several exceptions...

fourth_fret said...

everyone needs a good punishment (especially one we find too harsh) to muse about when we're grown.

that's not me saying anyone has been too harsh here. just that... depending on the defendant, he/she might feel so. but really, it comes in handy for "my mom was tougher than your mom" debates when we age. i'm just sayin'... :D