Friday, June 09, 2006

Random Friday

Its almost no longer Friday, but...

One worries more about ones childrens' employment status than ones own. I guess 'cuz you just want things to be easier for your kids.

Ditto schooling and student loans.

Lesson learned: Your kids are always your "little ones" no matter size or age. And you [OK, I] always will worry over them. And that is part of loving them.

I guess that is how our Heavenly Father regards us in many ways, too. So I guess I'd better not forget to "call".

**************

Community Involvement:The traffic light fight winds down...We will lose our light, but they are at least looking at the timing. Also we get 1] increased signage from the two exits showing how to find our historic downtown. 2] to keep the road open for emergency vehicle crossing, 3] get right on, right off turn lanes. 4] we might get bike lanes on the two overpasses two miles either side of our road,[a 'new' idea I put forward] and 5] funding is actively being saught, and they are trying to get our High/Bowen overpass moved onto the fast track. So all our work did accomplish something. An excellent experience. [But I'm glad its winding down--it took total consumption of time, energy and thought.]

**************

The house: Boy, does a house ever become a mess when you're busy with something else. So this week I've been trying to recoup and regroup! I finally "finished" the dining room today. The plate rail looks good, and the decorative curtain rod went up fairly easily, as did the curtain, well, they are like tie-backs, only mounted metal U's turned sideways on the wall. Anyway, all done. Now I just need to finish paying for the silk flower arrangement I had made for the table, and the antique chair. Whew, it feels good to have accomplished it. I will post pics when I learn how to put them onto the computer from the camera. [I think we're missing the cord.]

***************

My mother-in-law arrives tomorrow for a 5 day visit. I'm really nervous. If it were my other MiL, I wouldn't be, I'm really relaxed and can be myself without worry around her. We've been friends for over 30 years, having married into the family only a couple months apart. But my husband's mother...her last visit to us was about a dozen years ago. She moved herself to a hotel after Day 2. When we have visited her, it is only for a few hours at a time when staying with my family members relatively nearby. So I'm nervous. Rediculously so. I just hope my daughters- and sons-in-law never feel this way when I'm coming to visit!

***********

Last week I missed my Thurs am class, and this week, I [along with my partner] went to work at the Family History Center, even tho it wasn't our week. I need a regular calendar. I have one that lists the days in a column. Doesn't work for me very well. Obviously. Almost 54 yrs old, and I still can't read a calendar! Pathetic.

***********

Got to talk to Jesse the other day before he went to work at his Unit [army]. It was the day the news about al Zacari [phonetic--no clue to the spelling] hit the news. It seems odd to be so happy at the news of someone's death. I know that there are many more terrorists, but his "spot" will not be completely filled for some time to come. Listen up, World: He was Jordanian, not Iraqi. His most likely replacement is Eygptian, not Iraqi! How are they "insurgents"? They are invaders, just as we are accused. And yes, we were invaders. But we were invaders in Nazi Germany. too. Then we stayed to help the country rebuild. [And in fact still have troops there. And in Japan. And in Korea.] Let's notice how things are going right!

***********

I'm talked out, so I can go to bed now. Good night my friends, :)

2 comments:

terrierchica said...

ridiculus.

:D

Allrie said...

NOW you tell me???

Note: when posting this blog, I specifically asked Erica how to spell that word!

}( hmmmph!