Monday, June 12, 2006

Promise Me!

I already talked to Lura--but I want promises from ALL my kids! Promise me!!!

I love my husband, but there is much about his raising I simply do not understand. I respect, but really do not know my mother-in-law. Her visit is, as was the last 12 yrs ago, a bit strained. I don't know what to do! There is nothing much to talk about. [I showed her all the pictures on Flicker...we walked around town and then the 2 mi home again...] She doesn't play games. [we tried that]

Promise me that if you ever dread my coming to visit...you'll tell me. I won't come then. Gosh, maybe that's why she hasn't come for so long. But that's why we don't know her. Catch 22? But promise me if you feel that way, you'll tell me! I can entertain myself. [read, sleep, watch TV, do crossword puzzles...] I talk to you. I play games. I love to sight see. I love to play at the park with grandkids. Anything. I want to always be part of your lives, but even more I do not want to be in the way of your lives. I don't mean to say that she is in the way, no, its more that I feel in the way and so do the kids, and my husband. It is just too awkward--don't ever let me be like this. Promise me!

No comments: