Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Random Tought of a Random Day

It 's late, but I really want to post because I am going to visit E in Boston, and will likely not post again until I return the following Tues. Such excitement. I will travel by car to the Port Columbus Airport, then fly to Manchester, NH. take a taxi from the plane station to the train station, then ride the train to Boston. E says that altho my ticket will say "South Station" to get off one station early in Back Bay. I'm a little nervous about that, but I guess it'll all work out. I hope to catch the early afternoon train (if all goes smoothly) So I will connect with E before we need to go to Logan Airport in Boston (on the 'T') to collect my sister, coming in from San Diego. It should be quite a visit.

****
I am most concerned about finding an injury layer so we can place a good claim against the lady who hit E with her car last Sep. This is my main reason for going. The timing is because my sister already had arrangements made for herself and my sister-in-law and niece. They bombed out on her, though. They've done that before. That is how E and I ended up in NYC with my sister some years ago. We had a great time. We'll undoubtedly have a great time this trip as well. I just hope I don't slow them down too much. Mornings are increasingly hard for me to get moving--the old bones just are not so supple these days.

****
I finally finished the cabinet for the dining room. Asked how it looked yesterday, the boys were polite. R waxed enthusiastic, knowing by now that is what I am looking for. (A little self-image problem here.) His buddy, Ru, hesitantly said, " Well, not to be offensive, but it looks kind of old or antiquey..." Exactly what I was going for! He couldn't have given a better answer! After having it all pointed out to him, my hubby likes it, too. And the China Cabinet looks so much better with the crowding problem gone.

*****
All my arrangements are made to be gone...I've excused myself from Thurs am Book of Mormon class, Tues. book club, Sun choir practice, and Tues. stint in the FHC. Oops, still need a sub for my SS class. I will ask my hubby--he's such a good teacher, they may not want me back! But I think I'll take the risk, anyway. Gosh, I didn't realize how totally involved I've become! I do lead a rather busy life! I also let my friends at the rink know I wouldn't be there this Sat.

****

Today I received a phonecall from my 3 yr old grandson thanking me for the presents. It wasn't much, just a little miscellania from the Easter aisle at Walgreen's while I waited for my precription to be filled. I also wrote the boys (well, Aiden, really) all about how I knew that Easter bunny was real. I talked to him on the phone. He would call and ask for my Dad, when I politely asked who was calling, he'd say, "The Easter bunny," He did sound sorta, kinda, a little like my Uncle Thur (no real relation) who was of Scandanavian descent, and had a gazillion trolls in his house and yard. In his memory, I can't resist trolls for my yard. Other people might call them 'Garden Nomes' but I know the truth--they are trolls and they each have a different story. I just hope my memory jogs enough so that I can remember them. It was an awfully long time ago when Uncle Thur used to yell me the stories of the trolls. Maybe I can find some good troll stories on the internet?

****

I've gotten just about everything done I can for my trip, except packing. I'll have to get a suitcase out, and that means the cats will get mad at me. Especially Todd. I wonder how long he'll punish me for a week's absence? He always welcomes me home, then proceeds to 'punish' me by not going near me for a period of time. I guss he thinks he should go, too.

****
I wish I culd end with something really profound, but I can't. so instead, I'll just mention a slogan from our stake: "It wasn't Raining when Noah built the Ark.

2 comments:

fourth_fret said...

i thought i was stealing "random" from karen and sariah, but random on a random day- well, you beat me to the punch. so i guess i stole from you. i'm sorry. i'll give you your random, random back. ;)

hope the trip to boston is going well. safe journey to you.

Allrie said...

FF--I honestly took the 'random' from Sariah...but it wasn't even Fri. so I had to come up with SOMETHING!

The Boston trip was great! Boston is always a fun visit, but with a 'native' like E to show me around--even better!

If anyone wants to go to Boston, check into flying into Manchester, NH. It was soooo much cheaper. I didn't know any better, so I took a cab to the bus station (took the city bus for $1.oo going back) and an hour's ride put me into Boston!
The bus goes to the T station, so you can get anywhere.

For our LDS friends (and anyone else who wants to attend when visiting) I went to church in an old boiler plate factory. It is really an interesting building, but if you want to see it, don't delay too long, they're building a chapel.