Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sleep

My favorite activity is to sleep--not just at night, but naps, long, luxurious naps. I have always been ( in the past) an early to bed, early to rise type of person. Naps were a way to rejuvinate before a busy evening after a busy day. What has happened to me? I don't get up as early this year--Dad is the driver to early morning seminary (5:30--early enough?) He comes home and then leaves for work at 7 before I get up. Still on most days I'm up and going full tilt by 8:30 at the latest. But lately...seems like I'm hitting my stride mid or later in the day...weird. But no matter how I cut it, I still NEED 10 hours of sleep at night, and usually a good 1/2 hr nap to pick me up. How did I ever survive young motherhood? I really do not remember! I'm still working on the teenage thing. Richard is really pretty easy, though. All my kids would come through the door and I would know every detail of their day within 5 minutes. Richard's conversations are like pulling hen's teeth all too often. So why am I still up? Time to end this nonsense--tomorrow I go to bed when Richard does at 10:00! And I mean it!

7 comments:

Lura said...

Good luck with that whole being in bed when Richard is! I got to stay in bed till 9 this morning, but only because Jago was actually in bed with me. But it was still heavenly.

Question: Everyone says I should sleep when Jago does so that I can actually get what approximates enough sleep. How can I do this? If I try to sleep when he does, then I would never get anything done as I can't do any of it when he's awake as he demands so much attention.

Allrie said...

What a cunundrum. I'll try to figure something out to say...but Richard is commandeering the computer:homework!

fourth_fret said...

sleep is hard to balance, i think. sometimes i want to sleep lots, but then i get mad because i feel like i'm sleeping away my life. and then other times, i can't sleep at all, and i get mad because i don't think i'll ever sleep again in my life.

maybe i just like being mad. grrrrrrrr

hehe

terrierchica said...

I sleep whenever I have free time. I can sleep almost anywhere, too. My bed, Margo's bed, Corey's bed, I think I've slept on Mike's bed, (but that wasn't my fault, we were watching a boring movie), lounges at the GSU (student union), on the esplanade, on park benches, on the T, in desks (you wonder why I wear a baseball cap?), on the couches in the common room, on the couches in the building common room, in the study lounge, in the library, at the hockey rink (before the game starts), in Corey's car, on the bus.....

Hmm.

I think that might be all.

Allrie said...

Lura-You try to grab a quick "pick-me-up" nap while Jago hopefully takes a longer nap, then you accomplish stuff while he coninues (hopefully) to sleep.
FF-Maybe you like being mad 'cause you're not getting enough sleep. I'm just sayin'.
Erica! I'm shocked! You can sleep in all those places?! Do you spread your own blanket down first? Or do you spray the bed/bed substitute with Lysol? Are you the same person who will not allow anyone to even sit on your bed at home?!

terrierchica said...

No, I just disinfect myself afterwards. When you're this exhausted all the time...

*shrug*

No one said college would be so TIRING...

Allrie said...

Hah! I did too! So did your sisters! Proof: You don't listen!
I told you you needed to get as much sleep as you could 'cause you wouldn't be getting as much next year. I kept telling you about how I made it thru. college as a person who needs 10 hrs of sleep at night. (answer: with great difficulty and very carefully.) You have to sacrifice some of that social life...