Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday

"Sunday, sweet Sunday, with nothing to do..." goes the song from the show Flower Drum Song. Boy, did they ever get that wrong! I always think. Now I recognize that not everybody has a three hour block of church meetings--but we do. Then home, dinner, and I try to get letters written (OK, OK Jesse--I said try, not succeed!) Do a little genealogy...can one do a "little" genealogy? Spend time with my family--after Richard gets over the irritation I've caused in his having to wait for me to get out of choir, and/or talk to friends--maybe he'll play a game. I try to push the work forward on scrapbooking my kids early years (this would have been ever so much easier, had I started scrapbooking--or even recording and organizing back when I started having kids!) I also try to talk to distant family on the phone--need to call Grandma Jan--still haven't talked to her since we've moved this close! and Grandma Margie, and... and... the list goes on.

How do people manage who don't keep the Sabbath?--they must never get any rest! I'm off to a very important Sabbath appt.--my afternoon nap! (with the alarm set, so I don't sleep too long.)

9 comments:

terrierchica said...

I just sleep till 3 in the afternoon.

*shrug*

Then do homework till midnight.

It's all good.

Allrie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allrie said...

Shaking my head. Sigh.

fourth_fret said...

hehe. i might be one of terrierchica's followers. ;)

sunday was the hardest day of the week for us when i was a kid... my father was a preacher dude, so i'm sure that had something to do with it.

but now... sundays are pretty calm.

p.s. allrie, can i link your blog on my blogroll? is it top secret? heh. i just have this thing about asking before i just do it.

Allrie said...

FF, I would be honored--link away. May I also link to you? (I also think one should ask.)

As in our church we have a lay ministry, the "positions" or callings" one has definitely have a whole lot to do with how restful or not...
example: We were in an over crowded building at one point, and many Sunday School classes were"farmed out" to help with the need for classroom space. At the time we lived quite close, and my husband taught the young adults class, so it was at our house. That meant that on Sunday mornings, I had to get six kids age 6 and down ready for church--by myself as my husband was already at church for his Priesthood meeting. And I had to leave the house clean...and I had to have my stuff ready for the nursery as I was one of the two main nursery leaders--each being responsible for a class of about 25 little ones for nigh on two hours. Definitely not calm.

So you are a PK, huh? Sometimes we over burden ourselves.

fourth_fret said...

well... i was a pk 'til my dad went wonky. he left our family and started driving trucks. heh.

c'mon. that's kinda funny. kinda.

i'll add you to my blogroll tomorrow. and i'm totally cool with you adding me, if you'd like.

Allrie said...

OK,FF, funny in a sad and sick sort of way. Do you have a relationship with your Dad now? It took me a very long time to reestablish a good relationship with my Dad. But it was worth it.
My server is acting kinda weird tonihght, so I'll try adding you tomorrow.

fourth_fret said...

um... working on it, i guess. but i quit talking to him when i was around 20, (which was 8 or 9 years after he left) and only started talking to him again this last year.

it's tricky. but... that's alright.

Allrie said...

FF-I'm glad for your sake that you've started talking to him again. I kinda avoided my Dad--not too pointedly, but it was awkward, until my first husband pushed me to re- establish a better relationship because it was hurting me (and by extention, my kids--tho they were not yet around.) Besides my kids--that was the best thing I got out of that marriage. Who knew? But as the years passed I came to understand what my Dad did and why, and forgive him and no longer really blame myself. Tho I have to admit I still have my moments...I guess there is truth to the old saw that kids always blame themselves. And I was an adult by the time my parents actually divorced!
It was lots easier to blame him. But in the long run, he accepted the blame for his own actions, but I also understood how he got to where he was.