Friday, February 10, 2006

So Sick

We had a book by that name when my big kids were little. I've forgotten the story, but the title has struck a refrain in my ears for the past while. How can my kids, dotted around the country, all get sick at the same time with remarkably similar symptoms? They have all been So Sick! Even Dad has had it, but amazingly I have escaped any real illness--at least for now (knock on wood). At least I was able to help Richard here at home, Sariah, long distance with some practical use, Erica and Lura with moral support. At one point, I even callled Vinnie just to ask if he were sick--he wasn't. But he found it kinda amusing that everyone else was--at the same time. So, do the germs travel the telephone wires or the internet? There's a study for our resident (OK, so no longer in residence) scientist. Do your friends and neighbors experience the same phenomenom in their families, or is it all coincidence?

5 comments:

Lura said...

Hey, I'm feeling better. I discovered what was wrong with me, when my body decided it was time to heal itself.

You know, it's funny, because not only all my sisters were sick with me, but while both Jago and I were sick, Jesse was too!

Lexi said...

i updated today for your info sis brandt! yeah exams and basketball kept me from it!!

terrierchica said...

I was feeling better. Then I walked a half a mile in the blizzard. Now I don't feel good again. That, and the fact I realized I have like 100 pages of Confucious' Analects to read. Not just read, but understand...

Allrie said...

Lura--I know, the list goes on...
but I'm glad you're feeling better. While we wait for Richard's Dr appt. he continues to suffer. Today Bro. Dr. Call checked his ear, then called in a prescription for a very strong anti-biotic. His ear is doing better--but the rest of him is still sick!

Lexi--finally! yeah! (Now I'll have to go read it, eh?

Erica, Just 'cause you start to feel better, that does not mean you should go out in the blizzard--which, incidently, left us just a little powdered sugar coating over night--nothing more. Stay in, get well, read...I'd forgotten how much less pleasurable it is to read for assignment "til this month's book club. I did not enjoy the book (Jane Austin's 'Persuation') only because the print was waaay tooo small for me!

Allrie said...

Lura--I know, the list goes on...
but I'm glad you're feeling better. While we wait for Richard's Dr appt. he continues to suffer. Today Bro. Dr. Call checked his ear, then called in a prescription for a very strong anti-biotic. His ear is doing better--but the rest of him is still sick!

Lexi--finally! yeah! (Now I'll have to go read it, eh?

Erica, Just 'cause you start to feel better, that does not mean you should go out in the blizzard--which, incidently, left us just a little powdered sugar coating over night--nothing more. Stay in, get well, read...I'd forgotten how much less pleasurable it is to read for assignment "til this month's book club. I did not enjoy the book (Jane Austin's 'Persuation') only because the print was waaay tooo small for me!