Friday, March 24, 2006

I absolutely love socials. I am by nature, a pretty social person. My husband is allergic to people, and his allergy is getting worse. Last Sun as soon as I walked into the chapel, I was greeted and asked by several of the high priest quorum where we were the previous eve. as we'd missed the hp social. Sigh. I told our Home teacher that he has to tell me about such events, otherwise I'd never know...Hubby pointed out that with my surgery of the previous day [benign] I wasn't in any shape to go anyway. True, Sigh. And he'd honestly forgotten about it. Also true, Sigh, again.

Now R comes home tonight after his activity and says, you coud have come, too, it was for the whole family. (A Young Men's activity...pizza & ?) I'd loved to have gone. He's in the embarrassed of parents stage now, so he lets me know after the fact. Sigh. Oh well, hubby and I went out for dessert, anyway. Love that pi-anna cake at Wigwam! It was nice to have a little quality time together. So I guess it all worked out for the best both times. Sigh. I do like ward socials, though. As soon as I finish the dining room--look out, I plan to get lots of use out of it!

I weigh less than Dad now for the first time since El Dorado days! Ha! I'm soooo happy!

8 comments:

Lura said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! That's awesome. Riding your bike all the time must be really paying off, huh?

That's an interesting way to put it, that Dad's allergic to people.

terrierchica said...

Mom always says that about dad...

It disturbs me that you wrote "hubby" referring to my father. I don't know why. It just...I mean...that's something Sariah would say!

I think it's the refs fault we lost the game. Watch ESPN for highlights, you'll see why.

fourth_fret said...

people allergies are tough. no shots for it. heh.

Sariah said...

Something Sariah would say? You're such a freak. You also don't know me at all, so please quit making assumptions about me. TONS of people use the word "hubby", btw.

Allrie said...

TC:I have used the term "hubby" since before Sariah was thought of. So there TC. In case you haven't noticed I use lots of [seemingly to you] archaic expressions. Stop making fun of the way I talk! Or else I'm going to tawk Brooknyl to ya all da toim Oi'm in Bahston. Hah!

Lura, That's been my polite term to describe Dad for some time now--allergic, I mean, not hubby. It is the best explanation for his behavior. He's really NOT anti-social at all.

FF: I wish!

Sariah: Don't be so sensitive--or do you think she's calling you old because she thought my archaic word might be yours? :) I'm complimented that she thought it a young enough expression for your use. Usually she tells me that my expressions went out with the dinosaurs. :)

Laural said...

HI! Thank you so much for your invitation to come to Ohio. It is definitely something we are thinking about. Just finding the right time is the plan.

I love that you ride your bike everywhere. I plan on getting my hubby a bike for his birthday this weekend so he can ride to work everyday and take off his extra weight...which he keeps telling me he really wants to do!

Thanks for having Sairah...I love her!!

Lura said...

I know you've used that expression for Dad for a long time. Does that take away from the fact that it's interesting? I don't think so.

Also, I refer to Jesse as my hubby a lot. At least to his face. Not to anyone else, I don't think.

Allrie said...

Laural: I've appreciated your closeness to Sariah for years. I regret that I ddn't get to know you better when I was up for mother's week...so much was going on...We are only 2 hrs from Kirtland...and there's lts more to see and do there than in the past. Are you getting tempted? I love company! And when I can't have my own kids around, I have to have surrogates to keep me sane!
Tho there are those who would say not even that is working...:) But do come--we've started seeing buds on the trees!

Lura: Let's face it, we all use "hubby" from time to time becasu it is so handy a term.
Like Gosh!