Wednesday, March 15, 2006

World's End or Good Life

It is the end of the world. I know it is. Because Keith took the library books back without my actually putting them into his hands (or car). At least that's done.

I love changes in weather--it makes life so much more interesting. I love the wind and the rain and thunderstorms and snow. Except...it sets off my arthritis and bursitis, which weakens my whole body system so that I can barely walk, setting off seizures and even sugar drops. Sigh. Maybe I just wish it were the end of the world sometimes.

But life is good. All my kids are safe (well, at least unharmed, with a nod to Jesse who won't be safe 'til he's home again.) Life proceeds on. I've found some really good stuff in my genealogical research lately. It is so cool to have found the newspaper article of my grandfather's murder. Because of this, I've finally put together the sequence of events of that morning, whereas before it had all been disjointed story fragments from different and seemingly non-matching sources.

Even the weather changes point to the renewal...not the end. Today, while still having problems, I am functioning again. Tomorrow will likely be better [hopefully enough so that I can attend my class.]

With family and friends near and far, who am I to complain? I just take a day off (so the dishes pile up, and the whole house desperately needs vaccuuming) and rest, and it's all better the next day. And today I did the dishes--maybe the vaccuuming will happen tomorrow. I am lucky to be able to take a day off from life's functions without it being a major problem. So I harrass Keith about time and library fines [and other stuff, too] but I know I am very fortunate to have such a good and patient husband--he has to be to put up with me.

Life really is good.

2 comments:

Lura said...

I realized that I haven't commented in a while. Mostly because I don't really have anything to say. I just wanted to let you know that I am still reading what you're writing.

Allrie said...

Thanks, Lura:)